Friday, October 21, 2005

SHF#13: Coconut Palm Chocolate Tartlet



I didn't want to miss this Sugar High Fridays. Because it has the thema dark chocolate, hosted by Lovescool. The recipe is from the book 'New Fast Food' of Donna Hay. Only I would not have thought that this "easy" recipe would be so laborious. I needed about 2.5 hours for this. Afterwards I still had to clear up the kitchen. But believe me, the final result is worth for all :o) Hmmm..

Coconut Palm Chocolate Tartlet
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 cups of coconut palm rasps (finely grated)
Filling:
  • 1 1/4 cups of cream
  • 300 gr dark chocolate (chopped)
Mix the egg white, sugar and coconut palm rasps in a bowl. A few times I covered this mix with wet hands or a spoon. Put it into 8 little muffin forms so that it covers the ground and the sides and forms a dished plate. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until they get golden-brown. Let them cool for a minute and then remove them from the little forms. Bring the cream almost to melt on the stove. Take it from the stove. Add the chopped schokolade and stir it until it the mass gets smooth. Pour this filling into the coconut palm tartlet bowls and let all cool.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dilek'ce said...

Hey,
Gülsen you are not usually a fan of coconut so when you say its delicious so I order you to separate two of them for me if there is a rest! I have to say that these tartlets look mouth-watering! I'm sure the taste is magnificent!

22 October, 2005 09:40  
Blogger Tuhfe said...

Merhaba Gülşen, çok güzeeel bir tarif anladıım kadarığıyla. Hindistan cevizli karışımı kalıba yaymak kolay oluyor mu!
Çok güzel görünüyor, ellerine sağlık.

22 October, 2005 15:50  
Blogger chili&vanilia said...

hmmm..sounds quite good and looks so too. I guess the difficult part is to get those coconut "cups" done..
Zsofi

24 October, 2005 08:52  
Blogger Robyn said...

You choice looks so good. The little coconut shells with that ravishing chocolate. Mmmmm.

24 October, 2005 16:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those crusts look positively mouth-watering!

25 October, 2005 01:33  
Blogger yEşiL said...

Hi Sis, although I in this big one don't mix coconut may, they have tasted to me very well. I will do them again and then fill with fruits. Then you can also try if you are here :)

Tuhfecim tskler! Biraz tercüme ile geciktim ama az evvel ekledim. Iste burada!

Zsofi, yes you guess right. It's tasted very well have thus I now new idea with this coconut palm tartlets ;)

Chronicler and LisaLD, thanks :) Unfortunately one here is nothing can offer..

With light and love..

25 October, 2005 16:41  
Blogger Tuhfe said...

Teşekkürler Gülşen. Ne kadar çok katılımcı olmuş. Konu çikolata olunca sanırım seçenekler de oldukça fazla. Hepsi birbirinden güzel görüntüler.

25 October, 2005 17:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home